BMI-1211 Key Relocate Brackets are made exclusively by BRP/Billet Racing Products Inc. in the USA. Beware of imposters.
17-21 KTM EXC Key Relocate Bracket – Black Anodized
Key Switch Interference? We have a solution for that. We designed this bracket to be able to run hand guard mounts without being obstructed the placement of the ignition. There is simply no room for you to insert the key, or if the key is in the stock placement of the ignition there is no way for it to be removed. By relocating the ignition switch to a horizontal position we were able to mount our hand guard mounts and use wrap around style hand guards.
- Remove Headlight Housing from motorcycle. Disconnecting both turn signals, headlight and key switch plug connectors will make the following process much easier and allow the procedure to be done on a work bench or table.
- Disconnect right turn signal cable at connection plug if not already done.
- Remove 13mm hex head nut that holds right turn signal. Remove plastic key switch bracket from headlight housing. Using a pair of channel locks or pliers remove knurled nut that hold key switch onto plastic bracket.
- Install BMI-1211 key relocating bracket with counter bore and part number facing inward. Locate flat surface on bracket up against step on headlight housing. Re-install washers and nut, tighten 13mm hex head nut. Install key switch from inside. Re-install knurled nut. Note: knurled nut can only go on in one direction because of the shoulder on nut so be sure to install correctly.
- Connect all plug connectors that were disconnected and re-install headlight housing. Inspect for proper function of turn signals, headlight and key switch before operating motorcycle.
|3 × 3 × .25 in